For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. The picture of operating and surgical instruments is immediately drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hernia and what are its causes
Lumbar spine hernia and other localizations are protrusions of the disc nucleus, which appeared as a result of partial or complete rupture of the fibrous ring – the outer shell. Hernia, provoked by excessive physical activity, is dangerous risk of restriction of the nerve roots of the spinal cord.
People at risk of developing an intervertebral hernia are:
* have poor heredity.
Herniated vertebrae can be the result of work. The problem often arises in professional weightlifters, loaders, truck drivers. A lack of exercise or sedentary lifestyle may lead to atrophy of the back muscles.
People with healthy habits and who are active in sports rarely need to see a neurologist for such issues.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. The numbness is accompanied by numbness and sharp pains in the buttocks and lower back.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Intervertebral hernia in the cervical region:
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. The patient feels severe pain even with a slight turn, so, as a rule, returns the whole torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains of headaches, flies in the eyes, tinnitus, loss of orientation in space.
The main symptoms may be accompanied by a hypertensive crisis.
You don’t have to see all signs at once. A visual inspection won’t give any information. Diagnosis is performed by X-ray, MRI and CT. An X-ray will clearly show a protrusion between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
A complete exam is required before the doctor can determine if it is possible to treat intervertebral hernia with surgery or if it is better to go to surgery. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics” in Kiev for the treatment of intervertebral hernia without surgery uses the most advanced techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
Check out about gryzha poyasnichnogo otdela go the best site: click for info