For some, the diagnosis of intervertebral disk herniation is a complete sentence. Instantly, the picture of surgical and operating instruments is drawn in the head. It is actually not that scary.
What is an intervertebral hysteria? And what are its causes?
Lumbar spine hernia and other localizations are protrusions of the disc nucleus, which appeared as a result of partial or complete rupture of the fibrous ring – the outer shell. Excessive physical activity can cause hernia. This is a dangerous condition that can restrict the nerve roots in the spinal cord.
The following people are at high risk for developing an intervertebral hemia:
* Have poor genetics.
Work can lead to herniated vertebrae. Professional weightlifters, loaders, and truck drivers are often affected by this problem. The cause of the pathology may be atrophy of the back muscles due to sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise.
People without bad habits, who play sports and lead a healthy lifestyle, rarely consult a neurologist with such problems.
Lumbar hernia symptoms
Lumbar hernia can manifest as back pain with varying intensity or other symptoms.
1. Tingling sensations and tingling caused by numbness in the soft tissues of the outer surface of the thigh, big toe and shin.
2. Numbness or sharp pain in the lower back and buttocks join the numbness.
3. Mobility of the vertebrae in lower parts is restricted.
4. Even when lifting small weights from the floor in the waist there are painful shots.
5. The patient feels general weakness and gets tired quickly. The groin is the area where sensitivity decreases.
Symptoms of intervertebral hernia of the cervical region
In the beginning stages, hernia can occur in the cervical spine.
1. Even if the patient is not turning, severe pain can be felt. Therefore, it is a good idea to return your entire torso.
2. The shoulder is numb, and the pain spreads to the wrist.
3. Trying to squeeze the brush leads to numbness of the fingers.
4. The patient complains about headaches, flies in their eyes, tinnitus and loss of spatial orientation.
Hypertension may accompany the main symptoms.
It is not necessary to have all the signs at once, and a visual inspection will not give anything. X-rays, MRI and CT are used to diagnose the condition. A CT will clearly show a protrusion in between the vertebrae. In some cases, electroneuromyography may be required, a diagnostic procedure that can assess the degree of nerve root compression.
Is it possible to treat intervertebral hernia with out surgery?
Only after a complete examination can the doctor say exactly whether it will be effective to treat an intervertebral hernia without surgery or whether it is more appropriate to use a radical method. In advanced cases, surgery is the only way to relieve pain, restore mobility and efficiency.
The Medical Diagnostic Center “Diagnostics” in Kiev for the treatment of intervertebral hernia without surgery uses the most advanced techniques. The clinic’s doctors also prescribe physiotherapy and massage to patients. They also create individual therapeutic gymnastics complexes. This means that each patient’s therapeutic program is unique and will guarantee positive dynamics.
To learn more about mezhpozvonochnaya gryzha check out this web site: web link